Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tuie's Asian Green Beans

I made these Asian style green beans last night for the first time and they turned out great. They were really easy to make and very tasty. I plan to make them frequently in the future so I decided to share the recipe.

This is my mother in law's "recipe".

Tuie, they were delicious! 
 
I used 1 bag of whole frozen green beans (I bought the Steamers bag, which allowed me to steam them in the microwave before finishing them on the stove). 

1) Steam your beans, either on the stove top or in the microwave.
 
2) In a skillet heat 2 tsp. sesame oil with about 2 Tbls sesame seeds. (no beans in the skillet at this point). 

3) Once oil and seeds are heated and sort of sizzling, add your (already steamed and drained) beans, 2 Tbls soy sauce, a pinch of sugar and about a 1/2 tsp minced garlic (more if you like garlic) and saute in the skillet for about 5 minutes. The soy sauce should soak into the beans so they aren't "swimming" and as you toss the beans the sesame seeds will sort of coat the beans. 

Easy. Simple. Yummy. Enjoy!








2 comments:

Mom said...

Sure going to try that! I love Asian greens beans but didn't have a recipe! Yay!

Betsy said...

What main dish do they go well with? I don't cook much asian food.